Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Looking through the glass window..

As I go through everyday life, I meet others and the pleasure of knowing them.  Entrusted sometimes with the story of their lives, not to judge, just to listen. I wince at their pain, look in admiration at how they were able to conquer their battles "still standing".  Their sorrows, their burdens, and their joys has given me a greater understanding of life.


In last night's RCIA the kewl Korean - nun, she was wearing jeans and her words were not of the poius nuns that I was so familiar with.. she said boundaries are the  transgeression of growth.  Makes sense huh, we put barriers, upon barriers around us, for protection, but in the end we sheath ourselves against growth and come out of it ignorant, scared of even saying or standing for our beliefs.

No comments: