Friday, July 17, 2009

Yama Sushi Restaurant on Franklin St.

Beside the Bistro Manila Restaurant of the previous post is Yama Sushi. The first time I came in after a noon-time mass at the Cathedral, I was surprised-hmm this used to be a Vietnamese sandwich shop where I can get lunch for a measly 5 dollars. So I pulled a chair, can't say no to sushi or California roll with heaps of Japanese Mayonnaise (zero cholesterol165314-qp-zero-cholest-mayo-lg.)This is a little different, most items are ordered by piece.

Three pieces of sushi or rolls for 99 cents after 1:30 pm.  who can't dig that.  1 order and a bowl of udon soup with a bottle of soda will certainly hit the spot. One of the servers used to work for the Chinese Restaurant on the other side of Grand Avenue, who remembers my preferred drink is diet coke on a glassful of ice. I can almost see my friend smirking, they don't put ice on their from their side of the world.

This place is a good find, fresh inexpensive, friendly staff, not crowded. You can people watch while eating or immerse on a good book. 

     Yama Sushi Restaurant
     1814 Franklin St. #2
     corner of 19th St.
     Oakland, Ca 94612
     510.986.1226 

     M-F: 11:00 am to 3:00 pm

2 comments:

mamagravy said...

hey lady, love your blog!!!

I'll send you my links.

mamagravy said...

here's my churchie blog (it is just starting)

http://thisprodigaldaughter.wordpress.com/

here's my food blog (a bit more advanced than the prodigal one):

http://thebestsauce.wordpress.com/