Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Discoveries..

It used to be, having the  upbringing that I had, that there is always a benchmark. A measure for everything and respect is measured by wether one meets that criteria.  As I mataure and get closer to Lordy, understanding His teachings, I discovered that there is no such thing.  That the benchmark is only to determine categories but not to judge or marginalize people.  People are individuals and are humans.. No objectifying required.

It made me understand that people are behaving as a response to their being "them". Like how I was reacting because of how I was brought up, until I realized that there is another way. That made it better more livable, otherwise I would have lived in a glass jar and the walls are getting closer and closer, a boring existence. It is wonderful to discover then how a person reacts, thinks, what brings them joy and ponder on it.

Image from: http://www.hivangiang.org/
The same goes for food, while there are constants like, ginger and garlic does not seem to go well together,  but if you make a mistake, perhaps a little sugar or more onions will do the trick. Or following a recipe to the letter, if a good one will make a good dish to serve to guest, but where is the excitement there.  Discovering what flavors meld well would be my preferred method. The joy is in the discovery, not of what others have done but what your tastebuds is telling you. Spitting it out and hastily throwing things out is acceptable.

That's how I cook, how I deal with life, why I am enjoying little discoveries, and if things don't turn out right, I can spit it out :).

No comments: