Thursday, October 11, 2007

Feeling a little better...

I have a body clock that wakes me up at midnight to remind me of things undone.. well it works if i am on schedule, days like these, not so sure..

I feel a little better, but yesterday or even the day before was horrible, I had the chills, so  congested that I can only curl on my bed, crank up the heat, and recite my Hail Mary's (for old Catholics that's just what we can do).

I can tell that the season has changed, this is how my system welcomes it, it didn't even allow me to catchup with my reading or writing, I was just down. I think I can do with another day off, people will veer away from me anyway, not wanting to catch what I got, and not in a discreet way mind you.

The other day a friend of mine called, she has been trying to reach me to no avail (she is on east coast time).  After a good amount of download she reached this conclusion that I am lonely.  I was surprised, I responded, no this can't be a lonely time in life, this is one of the best times,  after all, it is my birthday next week.  Until it dawned on me, that she is feeling lonely and taken for granted, and she wanted to feel needed, to hold my hand.  This when I have already hung up, too late, I wish I have been more sensitive, my only excuse is that I am in a hurry to get to work, and I can't find my ATM card.

Lordy, gives us that doze, a lot of times, an opportunity to be selfless, if only we recognize it, then the cycle will be complete.

1 comment:

shareef said...

hi